Pages

Monday 26 March 2012

Vegetarian Pasta with Roasted Campari Tomatoes


Do you ever have those days where all you want are veggies?  That was me today.  I'd been doing a lot of work at home and was craving fresh vegetables.  I checked to see what ingredients I had on hand and fortunately I was well stocked.

I had some beautiful Campari Tomatoes that I purchased yesterday, and zucchini, among other items, so decided to make a vegetarian pasta with roasted Campari tomatoes. 

This dish is so simple to prepare and can be doctored up by adding chopped nuts, fresh herbs, freshly grated cheese and other roasted veggies.  In addition I added grilled chicken for my husband to round out the meal for him.

So light and luscious served as an entree or side you won't believe how incredible it tastes. This isn't pasta in the true sense - I think it's better!

Vegetarian Pasta with Roasted Campari Tomatoes
serves 2

Ingredients:

2 large Zucchini
1 (16oz) container Campari Tomatoes
olive oil
kosher salt

Tools Needed:

Mandoline

Directions:

Remove tomatoes from their stems and rinse.  Cut in half and place on a sheet pan lined with heavy duty foil. 

Drizzle olive oil lightly over tomatoes and toss to coat.  Lay tomatoes cut side up.  Roast in 400 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until start to wilt. View details for Roasting Campari Tomatoes.

While tomatoes are roasting rinse then cut ends off zucchini. 

Lay zucchini on mandoline fitted with thin julienne slicer.  Slide zucchini back and forth creating thin spaghetti-like pieces.

Place julienned zucchini on individual plates and top with roasted Campari tomatoes. 

Garnish with fresh grated cheese, chopped pistachios or other nut, or fresh herbs, if desired.

This will quickly become your new favorite. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment